Photo Credit: Matt Hintsa
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2009
Prize: $50 Gift Certificate to iGourmet
home || rules & how to enter || banner: sm, lg || ATOM archives || questions
Imagine a culinary getaway with all your food-blog friends to all the hotspots around the Mediterranean. It’ll be like island hopping, but better – country hopping! The contest A Taste of the Mediterranean, or ATOM for short, has the entire itinerary planned out.
We’ll taste it all! From the Portuguese influences in Spanish cuisine to the earthy undertones present in North African dishes. Every month we’ll to travel to a different region of the Mediterranean by recreating traditional dishes using our own individual styles. Whether you turn regular pesto into basil, sun dried tomato & hazelnut pesto or doctor up traditional hummus with a special scotch bonnet pepper sauce, the possibilities are endless.
Since it’s always more fun to travel with a buddy who knows where they’re going, I asked some of my Mediterranean blogger friends to join me as well. Every region has its own specialist who will guide us through the challenge. Oh yea, there are prizes, too! A $50 gift certificate will be awarded each month to the winning entry, courtesy of igourmet.
Each challenge will come with a unique stamp that all participants can use to decorate their blogs with! A souvenir to mark your travels, if you will. Participate each month and collect them all!
Winner: Joie de Vivre
- Kirby Von Scrumptious: Sweet Pastitsio
- Culinary Disasters: Lamb & Pork Pastitsio
- Cooking 4 the Week: Mushroom Pastitsio
- More Than Burnt Toast: Pastitsio Vanetsianiko
- Mediterranean Cooking in Alaska: Artichoke Pastitsio with Basil Béchamel
- Joie de Vivre: Lamb Pastitsio
- Lexi’s Lucious Mezze: Prosciutto Sage Pastitsio
- Organically Cooked: St. Valentine’s Day Pastitsio
- Elly Says Opa: Pastitsio (slightly revamped)
- [eatingclub] Vancouver: Mushroom Ragu Pastitsio
- Kopiaste: Pastitsio Lasagna
- Kali Orexi: Pastitsio with Prunes from Syros
- Poe-Query: Lamb Pastitsio
- Souvlaki For the Soul: Vegetarian Pastitsio Pies